Posts Tagged ‘kentucky’
- Each team must have two Lynxmotion robotic arms
- There must be multiple handshakes between pieces of equipment
- There have to be at least three different operations
- The factory must include VEX
- There must be pneumatics or hydraulics involved
MAKING IT REAL AT CIM CTI UK
Teachers at CIM CTI @ UK have designed containers in CAD, brought them into CAM software, simulated them on a computer, then manufactured them on a CNC Milling machine.
Awesome factories built by teachers at CIM CTI this year!
|University of Kentucky’s 2015 Factory that includes an AGV, multiple robotic arms, and sorts items with a light sensor. It simulates a recycling facility.|
|CalPoly’s 2015 Factory that Assembles the lid to a container that was built in the previous unit of the CIM course.|
|That’s right…. CalPoly built TWO factories this year! This one does a powder coating operation on a metal part.|
|UMBC’s CIM team made one that inflates footballs for the New England Patriots!|
|Rochester Institute of Technology’s (RIT) entry is a factory that builds and tests nerf darts!|
|Would you like to see a playlist of older factories built at previous CTI’s? CLICK HERE|