I used the Dobots last year to do activity 4 Using Digital Inputs (Here) and it worked great! The kids are having a blast! But no matter what I do this year, I cannot get it to work on any of my robots. How do I fix this?
Well….. My bad…. I’ve been telling y’all (for you Texans out there) to be sure your wiring it correctly, and be sure it’s plugged in the correct port…. but that doesn’t seem to be the problem. The problem is a bug in the latest version of the 1.7.1 software. I am told that the bug will be addressed in the next release of the software, but no one knows when that will be released. So the safest answer right now… I know it is hard for some schools to do, but to revert to version 1.5.1 of the software. I will let you know as soon as I hear that the new version is out!
This only seems to be a problem if you are using Teaching and Playback…. It works fine in Blockly…
To do this, follow the steps below:
1. Go to the Dobot Download Center here: https://www.dobot.cc/downloadcenter.html
2. Click on the link circled in red below that says previous versions.
3. In the resulting window choose version _Magician Studio v1.5.1
|4. Delete the new version from your computer and reinstall this older version… until the new version with the bug fix comes out. Sorry for the hassle! In my classroom I am lucky enough to have the older version installed so I did not have this issue.|
|5. I strongly suggest that you do NOT install updates mid year!|
972 total views