Is there an easier or faster way to make the testbed? The VEX take a very long time to work with, and there must be an easier way to do it.
Well, there is; if you have a laser and access to some acrylic. Jim has designed a VEX testbed that can be made out of a 1/8″ or 1/4″ thick piece of acrylic, less than 8″ x 10″.
Just download the dwg file below and prepare it for your laser as you would any other file!
testbed laser cut
This is great for many reasons:
- The only holes machined are the holes for the components, no more counting holes.
- You can engrave the image right on the board so the students know where everything goes.
- You could engrave the names of the compenents too so that it builds component recognition.
- Cuts down on time to build them.
- Makes them smaller and easier to store.
Here is a picture of the file:
394 total views, 2 views today