Sometimes the best way to pick up an object is with a suction cup or vacuum gripper. This works especially well with very small objects as well as large, and provides a cheaper alternative to a mechanical gripper. In this activity, you will perform a chemical dipping operation with a robot arm using the air pump kit and a vacuum gripper.
- Go home
- Pick up the cylinder from the pallet
- Dip it in Tank 1 for 2 seconds
- Move the object and dip it in Tank 2 for 2 seconds
- Move the object and dip it in Tank 3 for 2 seconds
- Move the part back to the pallet.
Question:How do I use a switch as an input for the Dobot Magician?
Answer:CAUTION: NEVER PLUG IN OR UNPLUG WIRES FROM THE DOBOT WHILE IT IS POWERED ON! Always turn off the dobot first, and use the input output manual to plug into the correct port!
Wire it like this:
|Wire the VEX switch using a servo extension cable. Always wire black to black.||Use pins GP5.2 and GP5.4 as shown in the diagram above.|
Then in the software, trigger it like this:Continue Reading
Never connect or disconnect any wires to the dobot while it is powered on; always power it down first. Damage may result!Ok, now on to the good stuff. If you bought your dobot through InPosition HERE, not only did you get a $100 discount, you get access to the documentation to make this happen for free! just email us! This includes worksheets and wiring diagrams. Tony Koppers, my senior EDD student has done all of the legwork to make this happen, so special thanks to him! Continue Reading
Dobot.US c/o Christian Hunter
7403 West Boston Street
Chandler AZ 85226
- $100.00 off.
- Free Shipping.
- US warranty work is done here in the United States.
- They sell spare parts and accessories that are shipped from right here too.
- US based email and telephone support.
- Updated User’s manual.
- Software is FREE. No Codes. Download HERE.
- Comes Pre-assembled.
- Access to Word Doc Activity files as they become available
- Access to the 3D print and laser cut accessory files as seen in the videos like the pneumatic parts feeder and the pallets.